In order to maintain a safe and pleasant atmosphere for all members, guests and staff, the Board of Directors has established, and will enforce, the following alcohol service policy:
- Servers must check I.D. of anyone who appears under the age of 25 years. The legal drinking age is 19 years.
- Servers must monitor the consumption of individuals served and using "smart serve techniques" take steps to prevent an individual from becoming intoxicated.
- Refusing service to an intoxicated person is the responsibility of the manager or his designate; however, the server is responsible to inform the manager or designate of such situations.
- Should someone appear to be intoxicated, it is our "duty of care" to ensure that:
- The manager or his designate is informed immediately to take charge of the situation.
- No more alcohol is served to that individual and his access to alcohol through others is prevented.
- The manager or his designate will enlist a friend or spouse who is not intoxicated to take the person home. If no one is available, call a taxi to transport the individual.
- If an individual resists the efforts taken for their protection, the police should be called.
- All situations that arise related to the service of alcohol should be documented and signed by all staff who are aware of the situation. All documented situations are to be submitted to the Board of Directors.
- No alcohol is to be served before 11:00 AM. Last call may be announced anytime in the evening provided there are less than five people in the dining room. After last call has been announced, guests have 15 minutes to order their final drink, which must be finished within ½ hour of the announcement of last call. All bills at this time should be cashed out. Any guest who harasses a server about last call or who does not leave within ½ hour should be reported to the Food & Beverage Manager. As a last resort, the police will be called. All incidents are to be documented and submitted to the Board of Directors.
Absolutely no coolers or alcoholic beverages are permitted on the golf course property unless purchased through Twenty Valley Golf & Country Club Inc.